Dry Break Couplingsare supplied into a diverse range of industries including ship to shore transfer, offshore exploration platforms, chemical industry, pharmacy, aviation and smelting where the accidental spillage of liquids must be avoided.
Dry break couplings have the following characteristics:
• Quick coupling/de-coupling without significant loss of media
• Reduce the possibility of human error in transfer operations
• Couplings reduce spillage to virtually zero
• Ease of handling
• Prevent cross-contamination between products
• Safety of human health and the environment
How it works
Turning the hose unit 15° cloclwise locks the units together, The valves are still closed and are not opened until a further rotation of 90° has been performed and then the product flow is guaranteed. To close the valve and to unlock the units, reverse the procedure.
Sizes: 1”(DN19-DN32) to 4”(DN100).
Materials: Aluminium, gunmetal, brass and stainless steel, others on request
Seals: FKM(Viton), NBR(nITRILE), EPDM, other materials on request.
Working pressure: PN10-PN25.
Test pressure: Working pressure +50%
Sfety factor: 5:1.
End connections: BSP-and NPT-threads. and TTMA-flanges( available for both tank and hose units). Other threads and flanges on request.
Compatibility: NATO STANAG 3756.